In about 12 hours or so little girls and boys across America will be eagerly running into the kitchen to prepare breakfast to serve Mommy in bed. What should they prepare? PANCAKES!!! Here is a good, kid friendly recipe for kids or anybody. It is a popular recipe and all over the internet, but I chose this particular site because she has awesome pictures.
Our guest today is Lily from RecipebyPhoto.com. You will need a banana, 2 eggs, a pinch of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon baking powder. I altered Lily’s recipe because I’ve made this several times and I think my recipe is better. However you can visit her site for the original.
1.The child cook will crack 2 eggs and whip them with a fork.
2. The cook will mash a ripe to over ripe banana real good with a fork.
3. If the family like the taste of cinnamon, a pinch of cinnamon will be added to the banana/egg mixture.
4. I strongly suggest adding 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon baking powder to the mixture. This will make it a little thicker and help them to rise while they cook.
5. Spray the pan with an oil spray, set the temperature to Med.
6. Pour the batter in the pan, cook for 2 minutes. When the edges of the pancakes are firm, it is time to turn them over. Turn over and cook that side for 2 minutes or until done. You should get 3 small pancakes from this recipe. Top with softened butter or soft margarine and serve.
You might want to double or triple this recipe. Cooking is a good time to introduce math techniques to kids. Doubling the recipe with the little cook is a learning opportunity for kids and they are able to see the relevance of math and how math fits into our everyday life.
It’s not too soon to prepare for our next Parent of Honor:Father’s Day! I have a great collection of recipes from my mother along with a few gems to get you through a storm.
Thank you Lily Recipebyphoto.com for allowing me to share your recipe and beautiful pictures! Header Photo credit: popsuger.com
Thank you for visiting me. Please come back 🙂