How to get what you want: Make sweetbread
- Belief in God
- Love for God
- Faith in God
- A relationship with God
- Love for yourself
- Hard work
- Patience—-a huge amount
Keep an unlimited supply of patience and diligence
- First, have a relationship with God. Ask Him to be with you and you will receive his helper, whom many of us refer to as the Holy Spirit. You will know the Holy Spirit is with you when you discern a tiny voice within your spirit.
- Now ask God to remove all the wants you have that He don’t agree with. After His removal, you will only want what God wants for you.
Steps 1 and 2 are extremely important and must be done in that order
3. Next, ask God for whatever it is that you want and have faith He will grant (give) it to you. Make sure you make a request, not a demand.
- If you don’t get what you want, try fasting and prayer to get closer to God, to hear his voice, to clear and cleanse your mind and your spirit. Fasting is an act used to deny yourself stuff you enjoy but do not need. It is done for a specific amount of time and always combined with prayers of repent and thanksgiving.
- Wait, with patience, for an answer or a revelation.
WARNING: This is where you may discern that you will not be getting whatever it is you asked for. If so, move on with your life. If not, WAIT. Unless God make it known to you that you will not get what you asked for, WAIT and be patient. While you are waiting, find something to do that will improve the lives of the people around you and/or the space around you. It will come to you what to do.
- Thank God for what you have. Make sure He knows that you appreciate this and that.
- When you get whatever you asked for, be grateful, be appreciative and thank God for prayers answered.
Repeat these steps whenever you have a need or desire. But BEWARE! Spectators and watchers will not understand how you get what you want and they might not like you. You may make enemies when you use this recipe.
Special directions for adding each ingredient:
2. Limiting your requests to what God wants for you is called “asking according to God’s will”. You can be assured that when you pray according to God’s will that prayer will be answered. O by the way, asking God for anything is called “prayer”. I John 5:14 promises us that we get what we ask for when we pray within God’s will.
3. It is very important that you have faith that you will get what you ask for
Matthew 21:22 Tells us that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for
Mark 12:24 Tells us whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it will be yours.
James 1:6-7 Tells us that the one who doubt is like a wave being tossed by the wind and he need not think he is going to get anything he ask for.
In other words, when you ask, you must believe that you will get. If there is any hint of a doubt or disbelief, you will be getting nothing.
4. Fasting and prayer can be quite helpful. Genuine prayer warriors can attest to the positive benefits of fasting and praying to get an answered prayer. Fasting (or sacrificing) is and has been used to “get God’s attention”.
Find something to do while you wait. I suggest reading Iyanla Vanzant’s In the Meantime. This is a practical guide to what to do/how to prepare and how to self improve while waiting for your prayers to get answered. It helped me when I was in my 20’s and 30’s. It’s not a religious text, just ways on improving one’s self, developing and getting prepared for your next level.
Wait for your answer with a joyful anticipation. Don’t make the world around you miserable while you wait. Don’t complain, whine or tell anyone with 2 ears that you have been waiting for ___time and you still don’t have___. Nobody wants to hear that because we all are waiting for our own answer to prayer. Whining and complaining may prolong your blessing.
Be thankful for what you already have. If you don’t appreciate what you have how can you get more? Do you just keep giving more and more to those that don’t appreciate you or who never thank you for what you gave? If so do you enjoy that? Give the Lord the same courtesy, let him know how much you appreciate and how thankful you are.
Keep these seven ingredients in stock and follow the seven steps and you will always have sweetbread, the bread of life.
and Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”